Dear America, Thank you for passing the Hong Kong Human Rights and Democracy Act into law!
Please call your representatives to push for Lifeboat policies for Hong Kongers, or just simply to show your support for Hong Kong.
For generations, the United States has been a beacon of hope and freedom to people around the world. For those who live under repressive regimes, America has been a singular inspiration. Hong Kong, as the last bastion of freedom in China, stands with the United States in its belief in democracy and universal human rights.
US also has many economic and social ties between Hong Kong:
- more than 1,300 U.S. firms are operating in this ex-colony;
- 726 of which based their regional HQ there;
- about 85,000 Americans live in Hong Kong.
The way in which the Hong Kong SAR government is handling the current protests is severely undermining US commercial business interests and putting at risk the basic rights of US citizens living in Hong Kong.
Support of the American people will keep the lamplight of freedom shining for our city. Please advocate for the US government to act now.
- Call your Senate and House representatives to urge the new Biden administration to implement and enforce sanctions provided in Hong Kong Human Rights and Democracy Act of 2019.
- Ask your Senate and House representatives to enact lifeboat policies for Hong Kongers.
- Petition Congress to take action against Hong Kong government's violations of Human Rights and Freedom of Speech, and China's breach of the "One Country Two Systems" framework as stipulated in the 1984 Sino-British Joint Declaration.
- You can also urge your US representatives to take the following actions:
- Halt any cooperation and exchange programs with the Hong Kong Police Force (HKPF);
- Halt all export of crowd control equipment and “non-lethal” weaponry to HKPF;
- Acknowledge that protesters in Hong Kong may be persecuted on political grounds and adjust United States' asylum policy to Hong Kong’s situation accordingly;
- Freeze USA assets owned by high-ranking Hong Kong government officers/legislators who endorse police brutality in Hong Kong;
- Void the right of abode or US citizenship of high-ranking Hong Kong government officials/legislators who endorse police brutality.
Solidarity Events Near You
For local events in the US, please go to this Facebook Page: